RS-309D 12 inch Ortofon’s D series tonearm takes analog sound reproduction to a higher level with highly configurable VTF options and a dynamic balance system for increased stability when tracking warps and other anomalies.
D series tonearms can be used for a wide array of cartridges, feature anti-skating control.
• Dynamic balance graduated vertical tracking force (VTF) control through a new spring design
• The new short wire spring, housed in the pivot case, eliminates unwanted vibrations in the tone arm
• VTF in the range 0-5 grams can be precisely adjusted by means of the supplied digital force gauge
• Anti-skate control adjusted by calibrated dial in the range 0-5 gram
• Tone arm height, and thereby VTA, is easy adjustable on the tonearm base.
• Detachable head shell and tone arm cable, with standard SME-type connectors.
Effective mass (without headshell): 4.0 g
Effective length (distance between the stylus and pivot point): 329 mm
Mounting distance between the pivot point and turntable center: 314 mm
Offset angle: 19 degrees
Overhang: 15 mm
Tracking force adjusting range (direct reading): 0 - 5 g
Height adjustment range: 42 mm - 57 mm
Diameter of the armbase mounting hole: 34 mm - 36 mm
Diameter of the center shaft: 16 mm
Fixing holes PCD: dia. 50 mm
Size/Thread: dia. 3.2 mm (dia. 3 mm x 20 mm and dia. 3 mm wood screw)